Fréjus, France

Fréjus, France
Aqueduc Romain

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Not Morocco

We've got a few more Morocco posts coming, but have a few other bits of odd news from the past few weeks.

Two days before we left, I crashed my bike, hit a curb and went flying over the handlebars. Got my hands out to break my fall. I spent our vacation sleeping on my right side as a rib on the left side was, at the very least, bruised. It is getting better. The bike, on the other hand, is done, finis, totaled.

I have also decided to go back to school. I am officially registered in two online psychology courses at a community college in Oregon. I will need 7 pre-requisite classes in psychology before I can apply for acceptance to the Masters program in Mental Health Counseling at SOU (in Ashland). My goal, when finished, is to become a private practice therapist.

Irie got to open her Christmas presents after we got home, and in retrospect seems to have had a good, non-traditional holiday abroad. She is back to school and is currently having a fun sleepover with her friend Abbie.

While posting, Irie lost another tooth:

Maggie stayed with our french friend Hélène and had a great time.

Lisa and I have finished our Carte de Sejour process. We need only go buy 550€ worth of government stamps and we can have our official "green cards" en France. Process ( a lengthy journey) to be posted later.

C'est tout.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor bike...poor Rick! but,
congrats on returning to school!
Peeps, did the tooth fairy make her appearance? Really looking forward to meeting Abbie!
Love you all, Mom

Anonymous said...

Irie-

Rock'n production girl. Good to see that you kept "our" bed intact. Remember the little people when you have your own Disney show. Love to you,

Athena